7 July 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE – INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS
Thank you to all members for your assistance & patience in relation to the re-opening of the club.
Most members appear to be complying with the protocols in place. It is equally apparent however some are not.
The non-compliance may be attributable in part to people misunderstanding what needs to be done. To assist, the following is a summary of the main aspects all members need to be aware of and comply with –
- Your Fob will not work unless you have paid your 2020/21 season membership fees and completed & returned the Request to Access Premises form.
- Entry to the club must be made using your Fob at one of the designated entry points. Members should not make their initial entrance through the shutter doors leading onto the beach.
- Until further notice there is no general access through the gate at the bottom of the driveway.
- You must not enter the club, the gym or the change rooms unless you have used your own Fob to gain entry.
- If you are unable to gain entry using your Fob – because it does not work or you forget it – you must sign the visitor register located in the foyer.
- If you are participating in any training sessions at the beach – club endorsed or otherwise – you must always tick your name off on the attendance sheet provided in the container where the risk assessment forms are normally kept. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Social distancing should be maintained at all times where practicable. This particularly applies when standing on the sand at the start of or during the course of any sessions or when waiting to wash down skis and boards at the end of sessions. It also applies in the gym and change rooms.
- Training groups should be limited to no more than the maximum allowed under social distancing requirements. At the present time that is 20.
Shared equipment such as double skis and boats must be disinfected after use.
- General use boards remain unavailable for use.
- You must comply with the capacity limitations for gym and change rooms. If they are already at capacity when you enter you must leave.
- You need to bring your own cleaning cloth or other material to wipe down gym equipment after use. There is no need to bring your own disinfectant – that is provided.
- You should use the sanitiser provided whenever entering and leaving the club, gym and change rooms.
- Do not come to the club if you feel unwell or are displaying any COVID like symptoms.
- The change rooms & gym, including the ergs and the bikes, will be subject to a special COVID clean every day from 11.30am to 2pm. During that time the change rooms, gym, ergs and bikes will not be available for use.
It is important these protocols are followed by everyone at all times. Failure to comply with the NSW public health directives – e.g. failing to keep the contact details of everyone who participates in a training session – is an offence. Fines up to $15,000 and or imprisonment for 6 months apply.
The recent events in Victoria show what can happen if we become blasé about following the health protocols.
It is incumbent on all of us to ensure we follow the rules and call out anyone we see who does not. By adopting this approach we give our club the best chance of remaining open and available for use by the members. The alternative is to see the club shut down with no access by anyone for any activity. No one wants that to happen.
Thank you for your on-going support and cooperation.