This page contains information for registering new Nippers and for renewing existing Nippers memberships.
You can register a child for Nippers if they turn 5 by 30 September 2019.
First Time Family Nippers Registration
If you missed our Registration Morning on Saturday 7 September:
- Go to the Surf Lifesaving Join Portal
- Fill in the required details for a parent.
- Click to “create a family group and join an additional family member”.
- Name the Family Group and fill in the required details for a child.
- Click to “join another person up” if necessary for more children and an optional additional parent.
- Click to “pay your membership fee(s) online”, listing all member names in the Payment Details box. At this time you cannot redeem an Active Kids voucher.
- Bring an identification document for each parent/guardian and Nipper that is joining (e.g. passport or driving licence) to the Freshwater SLSC office (opening times on the website). Alternatively if you are busy and don’t mind emailing personal documents, you can scan/photograph the identification documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are more detailed instructions on using the Surf Lifesaving Join Portal here.
And information on pricing etc here.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Add a new Nipper to an existing Nippers Family
- Go to the Surf Lifesaving Portal (Surf Lifesaving Join Portal)
- Fill in the required details for your new nipper.
- Follow the instructions below to Renew Nippers Membership, including payment.
- Bring an identification document for each Nipper that is joining (e.g. passport or birth certificate) to the Freshwater SLSC office (opening times on the website). Alternatively if you are busy and don’t mind emailing personal documents, you can scan/photograph the identification documents and email them to email@example.com.
- Your memberships will not be approved until this is done.
- Once approved by the Registrar, add the new Nipper to your Family Group by selecting Family from the Memberships menu then clicking View/Edit and then use the red button to add a new member.
Renew Nippers Membership
Renewals must be done online:
- If you wish to use an Active Kids voucher please have the details ready before renewing as you cannot redeem the voucher later.
- Go to the Surf Lifesaving Portal.
- If you have not registered for access to the Portal or if you have forgotten your login details, there are links to help you. Your portal access should be in the name of a parent.
- Check your details are up to date by selecting from Update Personal Details from the Memberships menu. Particularly personal information and contact details.
- Select Family from the Memberships menu.
- If you have not already set up a Family Group, click the red button to do so. This will require approval by the Registrar before it can be used. Note that you must be logged in as a parent to create a family group.
- Click the Renew Memberships link to renew the family members, including at least one parent/guardian.
- Click to pay your family membership fee online. Then click the Pay Online button.
- Pay to “Freshwater SLSC” and please list the name of every renewing member in the “payment details” box.
- The Registrar will review the renewal and you will receive an email. Note that this may take over a week during our busy annual registration period. Your renewal will not be processed without payment.
Note: If you have been an SLS member, but not in the last 2 years then you may not be able to access the Members Area. Here is information about rejoining a surf club after an absence.
Transfer From Another Club
- Go to the Surf Lifesaving Portal.
- If you have not registered for access to the Portal or if you have forgotten your login details, there are links to help you.
- Select Memberships > Transfers > Join/Transfer to a new organisation.
- Enter the requested information.
- Wait up to a week for the club to complete the process.
- Follow the instructions above to Renew Nippers Membership.
|1 child + 1 parent||$180*|
|2 children + 1 parent||$250*|
|3+ children + 1 parent||$300*|
|2nd parent (optional)||$40|
* If the parent is already an Active Senior (Bronze Medallion) member (e.g. doing full patrols or half patrols) then subtract $40.
If you are transferring from another club, you will still need to pay the Freshwater Nippers family fee.
How can you get cap/swimwear?
The shop will be open every week from 8am at Sunday Nippers. It is located on the sand to the left of the roller door (when looking at the surf club from the water).
The shop will be open at the Freshwater Surf Club on Saturday 7 September (from 9am to midday). It may also be open on another weekend prior to the season starting – a message will be sent.
Our shop staff will be happy to answer your questions about the uniform or merchandise in person.
Also, our online shop is here: http://shop.freshwaterslsc.com/.
U6’s will receive a free cap and long sleeve rashie. These will be handed out near the start of the season.
U7’s will receive a free cap. This will be handed out near the start of the season.
U8’s must purchase a coloured age group cap from the uniform shop for $15. Other age groups do not need to purchase a new cap each year, but they will need one.
U8’s to U14’s must wear a pink hi vis vest ($20).
Does Freshwater Nippers participate in the Active Kids programme?
Yes, but only for online renewals. There is a guide here.
You cannot use an Active Kids voucher for a new Nipper.
How can I help?
You can let your Age Manager know that you would like to help on Sundays.
If your Nippers are competing in carnivals, parents will be required to help.
You can help us to safeguard your kids in the water by attaining the Bronze Medalion.
What will my Nipper learn?
For information on education and training please contact the Education Officer, Paula.
We will be conducting a proficiency swim for U8-U12 Nippers on Saturday 12 October 2019. The proficiency swim for U13-U14 Nippers will be held during the first Sunday Nippers. U6-U7 do not need to complete a proficiency swim.
U8 – 25m pool swim – no time limit
U9 & U10 – 200m pool swim – 6 minute limit
U11-U14 – 200m pool swim – 5 minute limit
Further details will be sent out via Team App.
If you have any other questions in regard to the registration process, email the Registrar, Dan Scott.