Competitive Surf Sports
Latest News : Health Alert for Members and Clubs: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Read more
Surf Sports at Freshwater SLSC
Freshwater SLSC has a proud history and strong future as a competitive club. We encourage and facilitate a healthy and balanced competitive environment.
Competing for Freshwater
Every member is encouraged to participate in surf sports. To be eligible you must satisfy the following criteria:
• You must be a financial member of the club
• You must have completed your appropriate proficiency during the season you wish to compete
• You must have completed a minimum of 25 hours of patrols in the preceding calendar year
• You must not be in default of any of your patrol obligations. This means regularly attending your rostered patrols unless you have otherwise organised a substitute or been granted an exemption by either the patrol captain or club captain.
All members who compete for the club are required to pay a competition levy which is used to offset the cost of carnival entries. It is a one off payment which varies in amount depending on your age group –
• Opens & Masters – $100
• U15 – U19 – $75
• Nippers – $25
To enter a Carnival
• Information relating to an upcoming carnival will be distributed to all section Captains and be made available on the website at least two weeks before the carnival.
• Competitors must notify their section Captain before the date nominated as the Freshwater closing date of their interest in competing at the carnival and what events they wish to enter.
• Section Captains will compile the entries for their section and issue directly to the Competition Registrar for data entry.
• Confirmation of all entries will be distributed to section Captains prior to the event.